After several weeks testing our new and affordable tips, here is a very novel room divider which is sure to delight you:
It is a room divider made out of ropes to create different ambiences, while filtering the light and adding a bright and different aspect to the room.
As you can see, it is very easy to make. You just need some wooden slats, in the colour you want, which is white in this case as the rest of the room is mainly that colour.
You will also need rope, as thick as you wish and remembering that the thickness will affect the visual sensation of the room divider. The thicker the rope is, the smaller the angle of vision of the other side of the room. The distance between each rope will also influence that aspect.
These are the steps to be followed:
- -Take 8 slats: 4 for the ceiling and 4 for the floor, all of the same size.
- -Make holes in two of the slats. The holes must be as thick as the ropes and with the same distance between each hole, so that the ropes can be tense in a straight line.
- -Nail two of the slats without holes to the ceiling and to the floor.
- -Thread the rope through one of the slots with hole and make a knot to keep the ropes in place. Then nail it to the top slat, along with a further two slats on the sides to form a square.
- -Nail another of the slats without holes to the floor. AMIG rope room divider base
- -Thread the hanging ropes through the other slat with holes and also make a knot to keep the ropes in place.
- -Nail it to the slat on the floor and continuing with the same process to form a square.
And there you have your new room divider! Hasn’t it been easy to make!
Well, now it’s up to you and you will soon see what you make!
And if you do not know how to find a rope that you like, you will find different models and colours at www.amig.es Enter here to see the related articles.
Why don’t you check out our other hardware articles or DIY tips